Due to the continuing COVID-19 crisis, the Benefits Fund understands some of our participants may be hesitant to visit your healthcare provider in an office setting. As a result, effective immediately, NYSNA Benefits Fund participants and their eligible dependents have access to telehealth services through Amwell at no cost to you. Amwell’s telehealth services provide phone or virtual visits with board certified doctors 24 hours a day, seven days a week via telephone, tablet, or personal computer. Services available to our participants include:
- Urgent care for common conditions such as flu, rashes, and infections;
- Behavioral health services, including evaluation and treatment;
- Specialty care, ranging from women’s health, pediatrics, and cardiology.
(At this time, telehealth services through Amwell will be available until April 30, 2020, for Benefits Fund participants and their dependents.)
How to connect
NYSNA Benefits Fund participants can connect to an Amwell provider by taking the following steps (have your United Healthcare Oxford identification card handy as you’ll need your ID number from this card). YOU MUST SIGN UP BY GOING THROUGH THE OXFORD WEB SITE (OXHP.COM). BENEFITS FUND PARTICIPANTS CANNOT ACCESS THIS BENEFIT THROUGH THE AMWELL APP OR WEB SITE:
- Login or sign up for a member portal account on Oxford’s Web site at oxhp.com
- Once on the home page of the member portal, look for the specially-marked “COVID-19 Updates” box in the center of the screen. Click on the link “To schedule a virtual doctor visit,” which will bring up an Amwell login page.
- Participants must sign up for an Amwell account by clicking on the “Sign up for Amwell” link.
- Follow the prompts to create an account using your personal e-mail address and establish a password.
- When asked for your health plan information, find “United Healthcare Oxford” in the dropdown list. You’ll also need to provide your subscriber identification number found on your Oxford ID card. When asked for a “Service Key,” you may skip this information and move on to the next step.
- Press “Finish” to complete the Amwell sign-up process. You’ll know you’ve signed up successfully when you see a welcome screen.
Once you have signed up for an Amwell account, you’ll be able to choose the type of provider you wish to connect with (urgent care, behavioral health, or specialty care) and decide how quickly you want to speak to a provider. You may choose to either visit with the next available provider or search through a list of providers and “wait in line” for a provider of your choice (this option will show you how many other patients are waiting ahead of you).
Choosing the “Urgent Care Visit” option, gives participants the fastest access to a provider. Within this category, there are healthcare providers geared to help in a variety of medical areas including:
- General medicine;
- Women's health;
- Children's medicine;
- Menopause care; and
- Pregnancy and post-partum care.
Most visits with an Amwell provider take approximately 10 minutes. The visits are private, secure, and HIPAA-compliant. Amwell’s medical providers may order prescription medications as necessary sent to the pharmacy of your choice (applicable pharmacy copays will apply). These providers are unable to order lab work or other testing but may recommend follow-up with your primary care provider.