Open enrollment for the Benefits Fund begins on November 1, 2022 and runs through December 31, 2022, with a coverage effective date of January 1, 2023. During open enrollment, eligible individuals have the opportunity to enroll in or opt out of Benefits Fund health coverage without a qualifying event (such as the birth of a child or a marriage).
Individuals eligible to make changes to their Fund coverage during this two-month period include:
- Full-time employees who previously opted out of Benefits Fund health coverage because they had other coverage;
- Part-time employees who previously waived Benefits Fund health coverage for any reason;
- Spouses and eligible dependents who weren't added to the coverage when they first became eligible; and
- Full-time employees who have other health coverage and would like to opt out of the Benefits Fund.
If you are not making any changes, you do not need to submit an enrollment form at this time.
When enrolling a spouse or dependents, the Fund requires you to provide Social Security numbers for each individual you're enrolling and submit a copy of the following documents:
- Marriage certificate (for spouse)
- Birth certificate (for dependents)