Open enrollment for the Benefits Fund begins on November 1, 2020 and runs through December 31, 2020, with a coverage effective date of January 1, 2021. During open enrollment, eligible individuals have the opportunity to enroll in or opt out of Benefits Fund health coverage without a qualifying event (such as the birth of a child or a marriage).
Individuals eligible to make changes to their Fund coverage during this two-month period include:
- Full-time employees who previously opted out of Benefits Fund health coverage because they had other coverage;
- Part-time employees who previously waived Benefits Fund health coverage for any reason;
- Spouses and eligible dependents who weren't added to the coverage when they first became eligible; and
- Full-time employees who have other health coverage and would like to opt out of the Benefits Fund.
When enrolling a spouse or dependents, the Fund requires you to provide Social Security numbers for each individual you're enrolling and submit a copy of the following documents:
- Marriage certificate (for spouse)
- Birth certificate (for dependents)